tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Cannot Allocate Memory errno=12
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 13:51:43 GMT
Actually, I think that you need to look closer at the tomcat shutdown scripts on your
system, and their settings.
If I remember correctly, when you call the tomcat shutdown script, it actually starts
another java JVM instance, just to send a shutdown message to the running tomcat's JVM.
And with your current JAVA_OPTS, it looks like this shutdown JVM is also requesting a Java

heap with an initial size of 8 GB.  And that is what may trigger this OOM.
There is something in that area about the difference between JAVA_OPTS and CATALINA_OPTS.