tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Cannot Allocate Memory errno=12
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 13:31:10 GMT
On 18.01.2017 14:20, Fady Haikal wrote:
> plz find it on the below link
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By0Z6xkBVBFHVGJKVkRqM2hwUVE/view?usp=sharing

Hmm, that's a nice logfile.
It also starts with a number of hints and recommendations, did you see ?

Very generically :
When tomcat is shutting down, it does need some extra memory for a while, to run the
shutdown processes (in addition to the other processes which are running).
So it asks the Java JVM for more memory.
And then the java JVM asks the OS for that extra memory.
And in your case, it does not get it, because the OS is telling it that there is no more
available memory. So the JVM crashes.
Now why there is no more memory available at that time, is mostly for you to find out.
There are certainly other processes running on that server, in addition to tomcat's java
JVM. They use memory too.

And otherwise, either you need a bigger system, or you need smaller applications.