tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat)>
Subject Re: does Tomcat 8.5.9 have UTF-8 encoding throughout by default?
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2017 09:19:05 GMT
On 07.01.2017 23:57, wrote:
> Anyone know if it has UTF-8 encoding throughout out-of-the-box, or do I need to configure
it to be so?
> I'm seeing some headers using iso-8859-1 and I'm not sure where they're being generated.
You are not being very explicit as to what headers you are worrying about.
But in any case, the default character set for HTTP headers (and for the WWW in general)
is still iso-8859-1 (unfortunately, one could say). That is not specific to Tomcat, it's
the HTTP RFCs.

Tomcat itself is a Java program, and the character represntation inside Java is Unicode,
but that's another matter.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message