tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 8.5 - APR 1.2.10 SSL CPU issue ?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 15:00:40 GMT
On 06/01/2017 10:52, Mark Thomas wrote:

> I can reproduce the (new?) loop error with the following:
> - clean trunk (9.0.x) build
> - enable debug logging for AprEndpoint
> - APR/native 1.2.10
> - WebSocket drawboard example
> - hold down F5
> I see some error messages as per the original problem but fairly quickly
> Tomcat enters the infinite loop.
> Next steps are digging into the APR/native code.

It was a different loop related specifically to WebSocket that is now fixed.

I'm still looking into this. I'm am currently leaning towards removing
the suspect APR_EGENERAL handling from Tomcat but I want to see if I can
re-create the problem that caused it to be added in the first place. I
haven't had any success so far which leads me to suspect that the root
cause may have been a Tomcat bug that was fixed in the 8.5.x/trunk
refactoring. Proving that is going to be tricky.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message