tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christoph P.U. Kukulies" <k...@kukulies.org>
Subject Re: war file incompletely deployed
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2016 17:43:26 GMT
This makes sense somehow, but wouldn't a local move or copy from within
the server's filesystem
have the same complications? In other words: would a tomcat stop/start
be required in any situation to be on the safe side?

--
Christoph

Am 07.11.2016 um 18:31 schrieb Caldarale, Charles R:
>> From: Christoph P.U. Kukulies [mailto:kuku@kukulies.org]
>> Subject: war file incompletely deployed
>> I started developing a webapp (Windows 7, tomcat 7/x64). I generate a
>> WAR file using eclipse/maven. Once built I copy over the war file
>> to a network share on the tomcat server. The share is the tomcat webapps
>> directory.
>> Once done tomcat autodeploys the .war file into the webapps subdirectory
>> with the name of the war file (without extension).
> Copying over a network link to the final deployment location can be problematic.  Tomcat's
auto-deployment may see a partially written file and initiate deployment prematurely.  Best
if you can copy the file to a temporary location on the target server and then mv or rename
it to the desired spot.