tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio S. CofiƱo <cofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reading properties file in context.xml
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 14:22:39 GMT
Yuval,

Please take alook atthe second paragraph at Tomcat config doc's:

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/config/

|You can put your properties on the

|$CATALINA_BASE/conf/catalina.properties|

and you can do the variable sustitution in yor configuration file usin

${PropertyName}

for example

<Resource name="jdbc/TestDB" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
                username="${MyAPP.DBUserName}" password="${MyApp.DBPassword}" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
                url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/javatest"/>

instead of using the properties file you can add to the JAVA_OPS or
CATALINA_OPTS enviroment variables

For example in a bash shell

$ export JAVA_OPTS="-DMyAPP.DBUserName=admin -DMyAPP.DBPassword=secret"

You should be condidere that the properties passed to tomcat are dumped
(at least) to the $CATALINA_BAS/logs/catalina.out

Regards

Antonio