tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: MaxInactiveInterval
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 15:53:44 GMT
> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
> Subject: Re: MaxInactiveInterval

> On 04/11/2016 15:07, André Warnier (tomcat) wrote:
> > A log message in an application running under Tomcat 8 mentions the
> > "MaxInactiveInterval" setting, saying that it is a bit short..
> >
> > I think that I understand the meaning of the setting (the time for which
> > a session remains valid, even without interactions).
> > But where in the webapp context, and under what name, should an
> > equivalent parameter be specified ?

> Set it in web.xml. Same with distributable.

This really appears to be a problem in the servlet spec (not surprising), which mentions the
getMaxInactiveInterval() and setMaxInactiveInterval() APIs but only vaguely ties them to the
session-timeout element of session-config.  Tomcat doc does not normally describe the nuances
of the servlet spec, but something that associates the config name with the API might be useful.

 - Chuck