tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: war file incompletely deployed
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2016 17:31:40 GMT
> From: Christoph P.U. Kukulies [mailto:kuku@kukulies.org]
> Subject: war file incompletely deployed

> I started developing a webapp (Windows 7, tomcat 7/x64). I generate a
> WAR file using eclipse/maven. Once built I copy over the war file
> to a network share on the tomcat server. The share is the tomcat webapps
> directory.

> Once done tomcat autodeploys the .war file into the webapps subdirectory
> with the name of the war file (without extension).

Copying over a network link to the final deployment location can be problematic.  Tomcat's
auto-deployment may see a partially written file and initiate deployment prematurely.  Best
if you can copy the file to a temporary location on the target server and then mv or rename
it to the desired spot.

 - Chuck