tomcat-users mailing list archives

From padma T <padmaja.kam...@gmail.com>
Subject JNDI lookup failure with tomcat 8.5.6
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 10:45:52 GMT
Hi,

Getting ,JNDI lookup failed exception while starting tomcat 8.

While debugging it was found that getInitialContext()
of org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory class returns NamingContext
context instead of the custom ContextClassLoader set by our application
 and the reason is "ContextBindings.isClassLoaderBound()"  return false for
application's custom ContextClassLoader.

Code to set custom contextloader :

Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(classLoader);

Please let me know if i have to do any configurations for tomcat 8, to
resolve this issue .

Note : Our application start fine with tomcat 7.