tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio S. Cofiño <cofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reading properties file in context.xml
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 12:06:33 GMT
Hi Yuval,

Use as reference the doc for context.xml configuration:

IMO, this is where the context configuration for the WebApp should be
use, as for example Resources like database.

There are 2 interesting elements you can use in a context.xml and pass
to your WebApp:

<Parameter>

<Environment>

I'm no experienced with that configuration elements, but I would start
using them. They have different usage purpose.

The context.xml, is not part of the *webapp* itself, but it's part of
the application deployment made by the *server*, and therefore if you
are putting sensible information that won't share you can use
.properties method.

Regards

Antonio