tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christoph P.U. Kukulies" <k...@kukulies.org>
Subject war file incompletely deployed
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2016 17:11:37 GMT
I started developing a webapp (Windows 7, tomcat 7/x64). I generate a
WAR file using eclipse/maven. Once built I copy over the war file
to a network share on the tomcat server. The share is the tomcat webapps
directory.

Once done tomcat autodeploys the .war file into the webapps subdirectory
with the name of the war file (without extension).

The first time it worked, the war file was named
designerdemo-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war. Consequently the directory it was
expanded into
was named designerdemo-1.0.SNAPSHOT with its subdirectories

META-FIN
VAADIN
WEB-INF

Next time after some  name change in the project - actually didn't know
why the SNAPSHOT part of the name went away -
the directory was named designerdemo and the funny thing - and that's my
question - is, that it only contains

WEB-INF

The other two directories are missing although they are present in the
.war file.

Now, when I delete the old designerdemo-1.0.SNAPSHOT directory and .war
file, next time I start tomcat, the subdirectories are also available
in the new directory designerdemo.

Any clues?

--

Christoph