tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Maxfield, Rebecca A" <rmaxf...@providence.edu>
Subject Favicon for resources when using multiple webapps
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 20:16:34 GMT
Hi there,

I have a Tomcat installation running a few different web apps (different instances of XTF,
if it matters), and each of these has some resources (PDFs, raw XML, etc.) that can be viewed
by the user in the browser. How can I make sure that the user sees the resource with the favicon
of the correct site, since there’s nowhere for me to put a <link> tag like there is
on the actual pages of the site? Looking into support forums beforehand, I found solutions
for giving a resource a favicon by putting the icon in the web apps root folder so that it’s
over the whole site (not good with more than one webapp/site), and for making sites have different
icons by using the <link> tags, but nothing that solves both of these problems. I also
tried a solution with htaccess but it didn’t work – not sure if I wrote it badly or if
that’s not the right way to go.

This is on Linux; I think the version of Tomcat I’m sandboxing this in is version 8, though
the production server version is 7.

Thanks!