tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using WebDAV in Tomcat 7.0.45
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2016 08:45:49 GMT
On 11/11/2016 08:08, Arno Schäfer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have activated WebDAV in my web app

How? What configuration changes - exactly - did you make.

> to be able to show some log files directly in the browser and to edit some special XML
files in a special editor.
> In my first attempt I can read all this files and show it in the editor and in the browser,
but I failed to save them, after I have changed them.

> Can someone provide me a good tutorial or a short example, what I have to do, to get
it running.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/api/index.html

> I am using the standard WebdavServlet from
> the catalina.jar and the WebdavFixFilter for now. From the documentation I do not understand,
how I have to request the single methods of the
> implemented interfaces.

I have no idea what you mean by this.

Mark

> Do I have to implement my own servlet or filter to handle all interfaces what I need
for saving files? Also an example of