tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Juszczec <mark.juszc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 8, AJP 1.3 UTF-8/ISO-8859-1 conversion problem
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2016 22:10:35 GMT
On Oct 18, 2016 5:37 PM, "Mark Thomas" <markt@apache.org> wrote:

> Java handles bytes as signed (-128 to 127) but the data in the input
> stream is unsigned. The additional Fs are an artefact of whatever those
> bytes were cast to.
>
> It looks normal to me.

That's what i thought but didn't think it would hurt to double check.

What's interesting is the next level up, in CoyoteAdapter (I'll have to
double check that) in HttpServletRequest the data appears as the String

JOÃ[CTL-CHAR]L

In that String, the Ã[CTL-CHAR] are bytes 0xc3 0x83 0xc2 0x8b and is a
corruption of  Ë (0xc3 0x8b)

I'm not sure how we go from the correct bytes to 0xc3 0x8b 0xc2 0x8b.