tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Igal @ Lucee.org" <i...@lucee.org>
Subject Setting up a Context outside of webapps (was: Host appBase vs. Context docBase)
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 17:31:11 GMT
I'm asking my question differently since it didn't get much traction
when I asked it before.

I want to set up a Web Context outside of %CATALINA_BASE%/webapps, e.g.
at C:\WebRoot\myapp.  I prefer to configure it in server.xml, because I
like it that all of my config files are at %CATALINA_BASE%/conf.

So for example, to set up an app for myapp.tld, with contents in
C:\WebRoot\myapp, I use the following snippet:

<Host name="myapp.tld" autoDeploy="false">
     <Context path="" docBase="C:\WebRoot\myapp" />
</Host>

I don't want to specify Host appBase to C:\WebRoot because it contains
separate sites (Contexts) in different directories, and each site is
configured to run at the root directory of the site, e.g.
http://myapp.tld/.  I also clear the contents of %CATALINA_BASE%/webapps.

Is that the right way to do it?  Is there a better way?  Anything wrong
with this set up?

It'd be great if the docs had contained some real examples.

Thanks,

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org <http://lucee.org/>