tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Igal @ Lucee.org" <i...@lucee.org>
Subject Re: Setting up a Context outside of webapps
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 18:05:10 GMT
Hi,

On 10/21/2016 10:51 AM, Mark Eggers wrote:
> 1. Create separate Host entries for each host that you wish to serve.
>     See:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html
This shows how to have separate xml files for the different hosts, which
is not what I am asking about

> 2. Name your WAR file ROOT.war (case is important even on Windows)
I am not using WAR files, nor do I want to be limited to name it
according to convention, i.e. ROOT.war

> There are a lot of examples - here's an old one:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/TomcatDevelopmentVirtualHosts

Those examples use webapps container directory (regardless of whether
it's $CATALINA_BASE/webapps or in a different path.

Again, not what I'm after, and not what I'm asking about.

Igal