tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: setWriteListener and async operations concurrency
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 11:18:49 GMT
On 27.10.2016 12:15, Sergey Mashkov wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am experiencing deadlock when trying to set output stream write listener:
> The thread from my own thread pool is trying to set a write listener (my
> code via setWriteListener call) and another one thread is
> https-jsse-nio-N-exec is trying to close and flush (there is no my code in
> the stack trace) and no more threads locked.
> ..
> So the question is: is it even legal to call any async operation from
> non-server thread? I see a lot of existing code in the web assumes that it
> is. I also used to write so many times with no issues until now. This is
> why I suppose it could be a tomcat bug.

Hi.
Not an answer to your questions, but :
It would be good practice, and probably help a lot the people here to answer your
questions, if you provided :
- the Tomcat version
- the Java version
- the platform OS and version
You can find all of those in the Tomcat logs, or by running the
(tomcat_dir)/bin/VERSION.(sh|bat)