tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 8, AJP 1.3 UTF-8/ISO-8859-1 conversion problem
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2016 12:36:01 GMT
On 18.10.2016 13:03, Mark Juszczec wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 1:14 AM, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Am 17.10.2016 um 22:38 schrieb Mark Juszczec:
>>

>>> I've tried adding +ForwardURIEscaped in my conf file as follows:
>>>
>>> # JkOptions indicate to send SSL KEY SIZE,
>>> JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURIEscaped -ForwardDirectories
>>>
>>> I would have expected mod_jk log to show the data % encoded, but it does
>>> not:
>>>
>>> text: J O Ë ‹ L
>>> hex: 0x4a 0x4f 0xc3 0x8b 0x4c
>>>
>>> I had expected to see something like:
>>>
>>> JO%C3%8BL
>>>
>>> Is that reasonable?  Does it make sense?
>>>

>> Yes.
>>
>> Could something be turning off the encoding?  Do the headers values need to
>>> be set to something specific?
>>>

>> Did you put the directive into the correct VirtualHost?
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Rainer
>>

> No, the following line:
>
> JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURIEscaped -ForwardDirectories
>
> is in an Apache conf file, but not in a VirtualHost entry.
>
> Can this directive go in multiple places?

See here : http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html
-->Forwarding

JkOptions are generally inherited by the <VirtualHost> sections, from the "main" (or

"default") Apache configuration (aka outside <VirtualHost> entries).
But there are exceptions and additional rules, so check carefully.