tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Getting a blank page in Tomcat 6.3
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 10:57:57 GMT
On 06.10.2016 12:43, Nagappan , Ganesh  - IT- PLM - Bhuj wrote:

> [...]
start the Tomcat the default homepage, It is working fine.

>> But When I go to http://teamcenter:8080/TCRA/Portal/  It displays a blank page.
>>
>> Please give me an suggestion.
>>

> 1) if you are using IE, turn off the "display friendly error pages" option
> 2) turn off Tomcat
> 3) find the Tomcat logfiles directory, and delete all the files
> 4) turn on Tomcat
> 5) make *one* access to http://teamcenter:8080/TCRA/Portal/ to get the blank page
> 6) turn off Tomcat again
> 7) look at the logfiles.  Any indication of a problem there ?
>
> and when you have some real information that might allow us to help you without having
to unwrap our crystal ball, come back here.

> 8) upgrade your Tomcat. That version is 10 (?) years old.
> (Do not know really, because Tomcat 6.3 does not exist, and neither does 6.0.3) Use (tomcat-directory)/bin/version.bat
to find out the real version.
> Or look in the first lines of the Tomcat logfile."
>

> Hi Andre,
>

> First thanks for replying.
>
> Sorry for wrong specification of my version
>
> It is Apache Tomcat 6.0.35
>
> I had done all the the steps specified by you and attached the  catalina.log and local
host log file.

> Awaiting for your reply.

Well, the attachments did not make it to the list.
This list software often strips attachments.
Try again, but copy/paste the relevant log sections directly in the message then.
And apologies for the tone of the previous message, but without the attachments, it looked

really like a poor post with insufficient information.