tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Adamović <mladen.adamo...@gmail.com>
Subject Tutorial: Configure Tomcat with HTTPS/SSL on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial) using Letsencrypt
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 14:34:32 GMT
Hi all,

I'm running 3 servers with Tomcat (migrated from Glassfish which is not
maintained well imo).
But documentation is kind of not the best for configuring HTTPS/SSL.

I've written my own tutorial how to do that using Letsencrypt and Tomcat
native:
https://mladenadamovic.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/configure-tomcat-with-ssl-on-ubuntu-minimal/

As you can notice from the tutorial:
- I'm running 8.5.5 from website (not prepackaged with comes with Ubuntu)
- run Tomcat as non-root user and do ip tables forwarding because of that
- implemented my own ACME support for Letsencrypt (it's easy)

I'm using it for my own purposes, but if people have suggestions to improve
it, I'd be happy to consider it.

I hope it will be useful to other people as well.

Kind Regards,
Mladen