tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to stop org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars via my war file's local context.xml rather than altering Tomcat 8?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 21:58:46 GMT
On 02/08/2016 13:53, Cothren, Craig wrote:
> I’m using tomcat 8.0.x so the 8.5 documentation may not apply, but I decided to try
it anyway.

> Added  <JarScanner scanClassPath="false" scanBootstrapClassPath="false" scanAllFiles="false"
scanAllDirectories="false”/> to my context.xml.

> Nothing changed.

As expected. Read a little further and follow the link for Jar Scan Filter.

8.0.x and 8.5.x should use the same configuration but, to be sure, make
the obvious change in the URL for the 8.0.x docs.

Mark

>> On Aug 1, 2016, at 6:20 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 01/08/2016 08:58, Cothren, Craig wrote:
>>> I'm trying to prevent the...
>>>
>>> [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least
one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for
a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded
JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.

>>> ...error from showing up for my war file deployment since I have no TLD defined.
>>>
>>> There are many questions and answers regarding this issue be all seem to point
to altering Tomcat's global configuration, which I do not want.

>>> How can I, via my war file's local context.xml file, inform the scanner that
no TLD exists and therefore a scan and subsequent warning is unnecessary?