tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cothren, Craig" <cothr...@llnl.gov>
Subject Re: How to stop org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars via my war file's local context.xml rather than altering Tomcat 8?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 20:53:21 GMT
I’m using tomcat 8.0.x so the 8.5 documentation may not apply, but I decided to try it anyway.

Added  <JarScanner scanClassPath="false" scanBootstrapClassPath="false" scanAllFiles="false"
scanAllDirectories="false”/> to my context.xml.

Nothing changed.

> On Aug 1, 2016, at 6:20 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 01/08/2016 08:58, Cothren, Craig wrote:
>> I'm trying to prevent the...
>>
>> [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one
JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a
complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded
JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.

>> ...error from showing up for my war file deployment since I have no TLD defined.
>>
>> There are many questions and answers regarding this issue be all seem to point to
altering Tomcat's global configuration, which I do not want.

>> How can I, via my war file's local context.xml file, inform the scanner that no TLD
exists and therefore a scan and subsequent warning is unnecessary?