tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: load server configuration file error
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 00:51:17 GMT
> It looks like a minor problem, but I'm unable to solve it. :(
>
> Eclipse Neon 4.6 returns this warning when I try to compile a web project
>
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
> WARNING: Unable to load server configuration from [C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP
Quick Start\conf\server.xml]

> Obviously this path is wrong. I'm having problem finding where it is stored. How can
I edit the path?

> Thanks in advance.

1. A link to Eclipse FAQ is on this page:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Developing#Q6

2. I would say: open "Servers" view (e.g. Window > Show View [>
Other...] > Servers),

double-click on a server and check the settings there.

You can also create a new fresh server configuration there and
configure it from scratch.

Path to server.xml in Tomcat can be configured with a system property,
but it is rarely used feature (if anybody is using it at all) and it
is unlikely that you did that.  (Documented on the System Properties
page in Configuration reference. You haven't mentioned the version of
Tomcat that you are using.)

> when I try to compile a web project

Why and how are you trying to "compile" it?  Usual configuration for
Eclipse is to build it automatically (Project > Build Automatically in
menu). What did you mean, step by step?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko