tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject Define datasource, reference JDBC driver, and see init in console
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 20:04:51 GMT
I'm attempting to use Tomcat(tomee) to run a REST service that will return some data from some
SQL queries (Oracle).  I've installed Tomee 7.0.1, which uses Tomcat 8.5.3.

The JDBC driver is available from a private enterprise maven repo.  I'd prefer to get it from
there, as opposed to storing it locally.  I noticed at http://tomee.apache.org/configuring-datasources.html
, there is the possible notation of "mvn:g:a:v" for the "classpath" attribute.  However, I
don't see any way to configure the Maven repositories this will reference.  How do I tell
it to look in a particular repo for this?

My Resource definition in "conf/tomee.xml" looks something like this:
-----------------------
  <Resource id="jdbc/sus2" type="DataSource"
	    maxActive="5" maxIdle="2" maxWait="10000"
	    driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
	    url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@<host>:1521:<sid>"
	    username="<user>" password="<password>"/>

Does this look correct?  I find the Tomcat docs confusing, with respect to the required syntax
for this.  It's not clear whether a pure XML syntax is required, or a mixed XML/property syntax.

I haven't written the code to reference this datasource yet, but if I start the instance,
should I see any default output that will show Tomcat connecting to this datasource?  If it
doesn't show this by default, is there a way to turn this on?