tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BasicDataSource creation throws SQLException
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 13:29:17 GMT
On 03/08/2016 01:46, Roy Leonardus wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I tried to create a new BasicDataSource and encountered such error

Let me just see if I can find Pid's crystal ball so I know how you tried
to create a new BasicDataSource and the state of the system on which you
were trying to do that...

> java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (isValid()
> returned false)
>
> this is caused by this method in the PoolableConnection

<snip removed="unreadable code snippets" />

> problem here is : i have not set any timeout with the
> setValidationQueryTimeout, but the error appears.
>

> I also do not encounter such error in my tomcat 7 runtime.
>

> Could you guys give some hints? the expectation is of course to
> eliminate such error

With the information you have provided so far? No.

You need to read this:

and then try again.

Mark