tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew M <bluemind2...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Unable to access Manager App, Host Manager and Server Status urls
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2016 00:26:15 GMT
I'm not sure if this is related in any way but I just exported variable JAVA_HOME in setclasspath.sh

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/default

Still not challenge to input the credentials....

    On Sunday, 14 August 2016, 8:35, Andrew M <bluemind2005@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Yes, absolutely. I restarted after adding snippet several times but still not charm. What
I observed is it doesn't even ask me for username and password but just says directly Access
denied (403).

    On Sunday, 14 August 2016, 2:57, "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
wrote:

 > From: Andrew M [mailto:bluemind2005@yahoo.com.INVALID]
> Subject: Unable to access Manager App, Host Manager and Server Status urls

> I have added these three lines in my tomcat-users.xml file:
> <role rolename="manager-gui"/><role rolename="admin-gui"/>
> <user username="admin" password="password" roles="manager-gui,admin-gui"/>

And did you remove the comment markers that bracket that area of the file?

 - Chuck