tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen.d.blagoje...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Facing issue while configuring SSL
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 12:22:30 GMT
Devendra,

On 14.7.2016 10:38, Devendra Sengar wrote:
> But the tomcat server is started without any error but won't able to open
> the home page of tomcat giving the error like:
> This site can’t be reached
> The webpage at *https://<hostname>:8443/* might be temporarily down or it
> may have moved permanently to a new web address.
>
> If i telnet the server then its not able to connect but if i use openssl
> s_client -connect it shows the certificate information.
> Any suggestion?

Symptoms you are describing are very strange. It is unlikely that
telnetting to HTTPS port (which basicaly just opens TCP connection)
won't work, while connecting with openssl (which opens TCP connection
AND starts HTTPS handshake) does work.

Could you test one more time, and send us exact commands you used, and
exact output you got. Also, send us Tomcat log messages so we could
verify HTTPS APR connector port.

-Ognjen