tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel K├╝ppers <dan...@tetralog.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Log file setting.
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 06:39:48 GMT
James,
i think this is either a Log4j error or a custom one. It seems like the
path for *IDOMailLOCAL1.log* is hard coded, as it's not present in the
Log4j config file.
I would suggest you search your codebase for pattern like *IDOMail*
(because the LOCAL1 might be generic, imho) or for the drive letter *D:*.
If that doesnt bring something up, try the Log4j user-list:

https://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/mail-lists.html

greetings

Daniel

Am 19.07.2016 um 23:33 schrieb Boyle, James A:
> Hello,
>                 I have a web app running on my workstation using Tomcat 7 and have the
following entries in my console output. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

> INFO: Initializing log4j from [file:///c://lbxdw_ido_obm//conf//LOCALlog4j_JAB.xml] This
is the log4j config file and is a good file.
> log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed. Not sure why this is being generated. I specify
the Error appender in the config file appropriately
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Apps\Tomcat 7.2\logs\IDOMailLOCAL1.log (The device
is not ready) This is the issue. My D drive is the DVD drive, but the kicker is that I cant
find anywhere in my app or within Tomcat where this setting is being made. Nothing residual
in the registry. Is there some sort of .ini file that I am missing?

> Log4j config file
> <!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration SYSTEM "log4j.dtd">
> <log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/" debug="true">
>                 <appender name="consoleAppender" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
>                                <param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG" />
>                                <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
>                                               <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d
%-5p  [%c{1}] %m %n" />
>                                </layout>
>                 </appender>
>                 <appender name="fileAppender" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">
>                                <param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG" />
>                                <param name="File" value="C://lbxdw_ido_obm//conf//IDOMailLOCAL_JAB.log"/>
>                                <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
>                                               <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d
%-5p  [%c{1}] %m %n" />
>                                </layout>
>                 </appender>
>                 <appender name="fileAppender" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">
>                                <param name="Threshold" value="ERROR" />
>                                <param name="File" value="C://lbxdw_ido_obm//conf//IDOMailLOCAL_JABError.log"/>
>                                <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
>                                               <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d
%-5p  [%c{1}] %m %n" />
>                                </layout>
>                 </appender>
>                 <logger name="com.bofa.dw" additivity="false" >
>                                <level value="DEBUG" />
>                                <appender-ref ref="fileAppender"/>
>                 </logger>
> </log4j:configuration>
> Jim Boyle
> Wholesale Lockbox Technology
> Bank of America
> (617) 533-4532
> James.a.Boyle@baml.com

> This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms
and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not
the intended recipient, please delete this message.