tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle, James A" <james.a.bo...@baml.com>
Subject Tomcat Log file setting.
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 21:33:13 GMT
Hello,
               I have a web app running on my workstation using Tomcat 7 and have the following
entries in my console output. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

INFO: Initializing log4j from [file:///c://lbxdw_ido_obm//conf//LOCALlog4j_JAB.xml] This is
the log4j config file and is a good file.
log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed. Not sure why this is being generated. I specify
the Error appender in the config file appropriately
java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Apps\Tomcat 7.2\logs\IDOMailLOCAL1.log (The device is not
ready) This is the issue. My D drive is the DVD drive, but the kicker is that I cant find
anywhere in my app or within Tomcat where this setting is being made. Nothing residual in
the registry. Is there some sort of .ini file that I am missing?

Log4j config file
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/" debug="true">
               <appender name="consoleAppender" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
                              <param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG" />
                                             <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d
%-5p  [%c{1}] %m %n" />
                              </layout>
               </appender>
               <appender name="fileAppender" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">
                              <param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG" />
                              <param name="File" value="C://lbxdw_ido_obm//conf//IDOMailLOCAL_JAB.log"/>
                                             <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d
%-5p  [%c{1}] %m %n" />
                              </layout>
               </appender>
               <appender name="fileAppender" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">
                              <param name="Threshold" value="ERROR" />
                              <param name="File" value="C://lbxdw_ido_obm//conf//IDOMailLOCAL_JABError.log"/>
                                             <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d
%-5p  [%c{1}] %m %n" />
                              </layout>
               </appender>
               <logger name="com.bofa.dw" additivity="false" >
                              <level value="DEBUG" />
                              <appender-ref ref="fileAppender"/>
               </logger>
</log4j:configuration>
Jim Boyle
Wholesale Lockbox Technology
Bank of America
(617) 533-4532
James.a.Boyle@baml.com

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions
available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this message.