tomcat-users mailing list archives

From George Sexton <geor...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Apache in front of Tomcat
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 20:16:11 GMT
On 6/11/2016 10:43 AM, Edwin Quijada wrote:
> Hi!
> I am trying to put Apache in front of Tomcat , DEbian Jessie but it become a titanic
work without success. I read all info about this and seems it is easy but doesnt work.

> I am using APache 2.4+ Jessie +Tomcat 8.035 , I use this tuto http://www.zeitoun.net/articles/configure-mod_proxy_ajp-with-tomcat/start
>
> How to configure mod_proxy_ajp with Tomcat - Zeitoun<http://www.zeitoun.net/articles/configure-mod_proxy_ajp-with-tomcat/start>
> www.zeitoun.net
> mod_proxy_ajp is an Apache module which can be used to forward a client HTTP request
to an internal Tomcat application server using the AJP protocol.

> but doesnt work , I seek others sources and all has the same info but I cant work for
me

> When I go myserver.com I get an error "Server Not Found" when I go to the logs catalina.out
and error.log for apache doesnt say anything

> This is my 000-default.conf
>

> <VirtualHost *:80>
>          ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
>          #DocumentRoot /var/www/html
>
>          ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
>          CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined
>
>          #
>          <Proxy *>
>                  AddDefaultCharset Off
>                  Order deny,allow
>                  Allow from all
>          </Proxy>
>
>       # this will pass all the requests from httpd to tomcat8

Just out curiosity, why don't you just use JSVC, and bind tomcat to port
80?

--
George Sexton
*MH Software, Inc.*