tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Amit Pande <Amit.Pa...@veritas.com>
Subject Tomcat 8 : Shared loader
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 10:00:51 GMT
We develop multiple web application which happen to share the same stack (Spring, Hibernate,etc).

Thinking of sharing these third party libraries instead of duplicating in each web app war.

IIUC, putting those in Tomcat (8)'s lib folder might cause issues since the classes in there
are loaded by a common loader.

And sharing such libraries using the shared loader seems a better approach.  Is my understanding
correct ? Does it have any further issues ?

That said, I don't see much documentation around using shared loader. Any documentation/help
in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amit