tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Venkata Reddy P <Venkata.Re...@trianz.com>
Subject Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/util/descriptor/tld/TldParser
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 16:56:17 GMT
Hi,

In tomcat8.0.33,while starting the tomcat server from <CATALINA_HOME>\bin\startup.bat,
it is getting the below NoClassDefFoundError.
I have verified 1) All the tomcat bundled jars are available under <CATALINA_HOME>\lib
folder including tomcat-util.jar.
2) I have also tried adding all the jars to property (tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanFilter.jarsToScan=,,,,,)
in catalina.properties file

Could you please suggest me am I still missing anything else?

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException:
Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/poc]]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:916)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.startInternal(StandardHost.java:871)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:147)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1408)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1398)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/auth]]
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:153)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/util/descriptor/tld/TldParser

Many Thanks in advance.