tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Woonsan Ko <woon...@apache.org>
Subject JNDI DataSource in Tomcat 8: maxTotal and maxWaitMillis
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 22:23:44 GMT
Hi,

Since 8.0, I think we should use maxTotal instead of maxActive and
maxWaitMillis instead of maxWait. [1,2]
However, if I use maxTotal for instance, the jmx console doesn't show
it but show the old maxActive value (100, probably the default
value?).
Browsing the source, o.a.t.jdbc.pool.PoolConfiguration doesn't seem to
consider both. o.a.t.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory#parsePoolProperties(Properties)
seems even unaware of those new properties.
Would this be a bug in either code or documentation?

Another question is, why does it ignore 'poolPreparedStatements'
parameter even though it's supported by the underlying dbcp?

Regards,

Woonsan

[1] https://tomcat.apache.org/migration-8.html#Database_Connection_Pooling
[2] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html