tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Character set for accept-charset and accept-content-type HTTP headers?
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 18:44:16 GMT
All,

I've been doing a bit of searching and I just think I haven't found the
right path at this point. There are only about 4000 specifications that
all overlap and refer to each other, here.

I'm looking for a reference that proves my expectation that the values
of the "accept-charset" and "accept-content-type" HTTP headers are
always restricted to the US-ASCII character set. Basically, I have a
method that checks to see that the client supports certain things, and I
need to "lower-case" the values to check them appropriately. I'd like to
use US-ASCII as the "lower-casing" rules, but I want to be sure there's
no weird corner case where US-ASCII lower-case semantics are going to
bite me in the behind.

Does anyone know where the charset used for those values is specified?

Thanks,
-chris