tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fabio Ricci <fabio.fr.ri...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 9.0.0-M4 seems not to start digest algorithm on JDBC Realm as did tomcat 8.0.25
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 22:35:58 GMT
Dear tomcat Community

I am using cross context (which seems to be easy to configure but in in tomcat 8 hard to run)
… so today I downloaded tomcat 9 and I migrated my apps to it.
In tomcat 9 cross context is running smoothly (thank you!)

To authenticate my config is using JDBCRealm with a mysql database. The config below ran very
well with tomcat 8 but on tomcat 9 accepted only the password digests (which are stored in
the table tomcat_users) directly instead of the usual passwords. It seems that the digest
algorithm MD5 be here not executed.

The config in server.xml is

      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" connectionName=“..." connectionPassword=“..."
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/TOM" digest="MD5" driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
roleNameCol="role_name" userCredCol="password" userNameCol="user_name" userRoleTable="tomcat_users_roles"
userTable="tomcat_users"/>

The authentication method is FORM for an application and DIGEST for the corresponding API.
Both apps sees each other in a cross context.
web.xml of the application contains:

<login-config>
    <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
    <realm-name>NAME</realm-name>
    <form-login-config>
        <form-login-page>/WEB-INF/security/protected/login.jsp</form-login-page>
        <form-error-page>/WEB-INF/security/protected/error.jsp</form-error-page>
    </form-login-config>
</login-config>

What shell I do in order to have with the FORM authentication again a digest password input?
Do I have any possibility to debug it (although I should not…) ?

Thank you in advance
Regards
Fabio