tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Amey Rokde <ameyro...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting garbled data when making http request on https port
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 07:54:52 GMT
Dear Community

We are using the apache-tomcat-7.0.55 and have configured only one SSL
connector (7070).

The SSL connection (https) )works properly and i am able to fetch the
request. But if we make http request we get the garbled data to be
downloaded in the browser.

I tried searching over the net but the information available is more about
redirect and things around it. What i want is to prevent this garbled data
and get more of http 404 not found.

Getting this garbled data is considered more or less security leak. I am
attaching the sample server xml of the tomcat .

Please advise what needs to be done.

Thanks

Amey

PS: the higher tomcat versions namely apache-tomcat-8.0.32 does not show
above behaviour.