tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew King <akin...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrade Anomaly from 7.0.61 to 8.0.30 Trailing / is required.
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 14:18:44 GMT
In our Tomcat 7.0.61 site “http://OldServer.MyDomain/Site/” I can log into
the application with or without the trailing “/”.

In our new Tomcat 8.0.30 site “http://NewServer.MyDomain/Site/” I can only
log in if the trailing “/” is present even though it correctly redirects me
to the login page when the "/" is missing.

This always redirects to the login page but never allows me to log in: “
http://NewServer.MyDomain/Site”

Also, if I am logged in and manually change the URL to “
http://NewServer.MyDomain/Site” it sends me to the login screen and never
lets me log in.  Doing the same thing in the old site automatically adds
the trailing “/” back on keeping my current session.

Question: Is there some Tomcat configuration setting that might be causing
this?