tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leo Donahue <donahu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way for code running on Tomcat 7+ to determine the URL of the Web App it's running under?
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 20:00:28 GMT
On Feb 11, 2016 4:56 PM, "Dougherty, Gregory T., M.S." <
Dougherty.Gregory@mayo.edu> wrote:

> I would like to have a jar file in tomcat/lib that can be called from any
of the running web apps.  I need for the code in the jar to behave
differently depending on which web app called it.

I would agree with what the others are saying here.  It seems you are
trying to authorize an entire web app instead of authoring the user of the
web app.

If the jar simply needs to take action based on a role of some kind, then
could you not tie in a ldap user with appropriate role?

Leo