tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: context doesnt pick up
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2016 23:11:50 GMT
> From: Me Self [mailto:wmsopou@gmail.com]
> Subject: context doesnt pick up

> When I put the context in server.xml it works fine, but if I put the same
> context tag in a xml file under /conf/Catalina/localhost/test.xml then
> tomcat doesn't pick it up. I would rather want to use the latter.

> The test.xml is
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <Context docBase="/opt/tomcat/webapps/test">

> What Am I missing?

Reading the doc, which for the docBase attribute states:
"The value of this field must not be set unless the Context element is defined in server.xml
or the docBase is not located under the Host's appBase."

I suspect that if you examined the logs you would find an error message related to deployment
of the test webapp.

If all you have in the <Context> element is the docBase and your webapp is located in
the <Host>'s appBase directory, you don't need a <Context> element at all.

 - Chuck