tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Sessions number issue
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2016 12:24:27 GMT
On 20.02.2016 18:44, George Sexton wrote:

> On 2/20/2016 10:09 AM, Qadeer Khan wrote:
>> And I have no idea what questions I have to answer here! other than application sessions
>> are being created by users and session field is remaining as zero.
>
> Seriously, you should try responding to Mark's question here:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=145530442623563&w=2
>
> In general, I went through the archives and read all of the threads.
>
> First, you're not reporting a version of tomcat.
>
> Second, you haven't verified the code is creating sessions by inspecting it.
>
> Third, as asked, you haven't verified that users are even connecting to the server you're
> looking at.
>
> You are not going to get a satisfactory outcome. You should really read this web page:
>
> http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> and re-submit your question from the beginning, supplying all of the necessary details.
>
> In your particular case, you should document at minimum:
>
> On server A running Apache Tomcat x.x.x, a request to URL ... creates an incrementing
> session.
>
> On sever B running Apache Tomcat x.x.x, a request to URL does not create an incrementing
> session does not create a new session. I have verified by inspection of the access logs
> that the request is going to the expected web application instance.
>
> If you can do this, you'll probably get more help.

Plus, the OP seems to be disregarding previous hints he's been given, such as
Christopher's earlier post about mismatched installed code versions.

Qadeer Khan, this is a high-quality support list.  And on this list we do try to help
people with their Tomcat problems. But one condition is that they also try to help
themselves, and do not just expect answers to be spoon-fed to them.

>> On clicking on the session number which is a '0' displays following  error message:
>>
>> An error occurred at line: 109 in the jsp file: /WEB-INF/jsp/sessionsList.jsp
>> DeltaSession cannot be resolved to a type
>> 106:        Session currentSession = (Session) iter.next();
>> 107:        String currentSessionId = JspHelper.escapeXml(currentSession.getId());
>> 108:        String type;
>> 109:        if (currentSession instanceof DeltaSession) {
>> 110:            if (((DeltaSession) currentSession).isPrimarySession()) {
>> 111:                type = "Primary";
>> 112:            } else {
>>

>> An error occurred at line: 110 in the jsp file: /WEB-INF/jsp/sessionsList.jsp
>> DeltaSession cannot be resolved to a type
>> 107:        String currentSessionId = JspHelper.escapeXml(currentSession.getId());
>> 108:        String type;
>> 109:        if (currentSession instanceof DeltaSession) {
>> 110:            if (((DeltaSession) currentSession).isPrimarySession()) {
>> 111:                type = "Primary";
>> 112:            } else {
>> 113:                type = "Backup";
>>
>> And my questions was why this could be happening and how could this be fixed
>>

>> Thanks

RedHat