tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rallavagu <rallav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Socket Read long running
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 23:14:23 GMT

On 1/19/16 2:43 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 19/01/2016 22:36, Rallavagu wrote:
>> Also, it could be keep-alive for client connection as well. In any case,
>> how long a keep-alive connection will be in this state by default? Thanks.
>
> This behaviour is entirely normal. Why are you concerned about it?

I was analyzing thread dump as the application experiences sudden high
response times and eventually becomes normal.

> Regarding how long the thread will be in this state, the default
> keep-alive timeout for the HTTP BIO connector can be found in the
> documentation.
> (Yes, I do happen to know what it is but think of this as an exercise
> for the reader.)

 From the documentation keepAliveTimeout defaults to connectionTimeout.

"The number of milliseconds this Connector will wait, after accepting a
connection, for the request URI line to be presented. Use a value of -1
to indicate no (i.e. infinite) timeout. The default value is 60000 (i.e.
60 seconds) but note that the standard server.xml that ships with Tomcat
sets this to 20000 (i.e. 20 seconds). Unless disableUploadTimeout is set
to false, this timeout will also be used when reading the request body
(if any)."

Thanks