tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat closes a websocket connection with an error
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 12:35:26 GMT
On 08/12/2015 11:49, Daniel Kretz wrote:
> We have tested it with and without SSL and on two different servers.
> Only in the customer network the connection breaks with a error.

<snip/>

> 08-Dec-2015 10:20:37.757 SEVERE [http-apr-8081-exec-2]
> org.apache.tomcat.websocket.pojo.PojoEndpointBase.onError No error
> handling configured for [websocket.echo.EchoAnnotation] and the
> following error occurred
>
> java.io.IOException: Unexpected error [730,054] reading data from the
> APR/native socket [1,639,490,672] with wrapper
> [org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$AprSocketWrapper@231e01e4:1639490672].

Take that error code and subtract 720,000 to give 10054 which is the OS
error message.

Google that and you get "Connection reset by peer"

i.e., the client dropped the connection. There is nothing Tomcat can do
about that.

<snip/>

> If we starts the test on http://www.websocket.org/echo.html in the
> customer network, the connection will not stop with an error.
>
> For me it looks like a problem with Tomcat. But what can I do to make it
> run properly?

Interesting. Looks more like a network issue to me. Maybe a firewall
dropping connections after a set period.

Mark