tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sterpu Victor" <vic...@caido.ro>
Subject Windows service with apache tomcat launches too many instances of the aplication
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 13:10:27 GMT
Hello

I made a windows service using the instructions from here
http://web.archive.org/web/20090228071059/http://blog.platinumsolutions.com/node/234.
I renamed the files tomcat5.exe and tomcat5w.exe to CaidoServers.exec
and CaidoServersw.exe and I runned the command:

CaidoServers.exe //IS//CaidoServers
--Install=C:\CaidoServers\bin\CaidoServers.exe --Description="Caido
Servers Service" --Jvm=auto
--Classpath=C:\CaidoServers\classes;C:\CaidoServers\lib\*
--StartMode=jvm --StartClass=Daemons.CaidoServiceInstaller
--StartMethod=windowsService --StartParams=start --StopMode=jvm
--StopClass=Daemons.CaidoServiceInstaller --StopMethod=windowsService
--StopParams=stop --LogPath=C:\CaidoServers\logs --StdOutput=auto
--StdError=auto

The service connects to a database. The problem is that about every
minute a new instance of my java application is launched and in a few
hours the server is blocked.
Why does this heapens? I don't know how to debug this. Cound it be a
windows problem or a tomcat problem?
In the windows services settings are: First failure: take no action,
Second no action, Subsequent failures: no action.

Thank you