tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Stringer" <...@burbong.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Upgrades Ignoring Existing Installs
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 00:59:58 GMT
On Thu, November 12, 2015 10:28 am, Barrow, Jonathan wrote:
> Sorry, this is more of Shavlik lingo. They have classifications for
> patches in their database. This one is considered a Security Patch (to an
> existing install) vs a Software Distribution which is more of a new-full
> install of something. Maybe they need to re-classify it.

I think you are right. The Tomcat project doesn't ship patches. When
issues are addressed, they are released as a new version of the Tomcat
product, with the specific issues (and new features) identified in the
release notes.

More details can be found here:

http://tomcat.apache.org/security.html

Cheers, Ben