tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Barrow, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Bar...@viracoribt.com>
Subject Tomcat Upgrades Ignoring Existing Installs
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:15:06 GMT
Hi there.

We currently run Tomcat v7 in our environment. We use Shavlik Protect as our patching utility.

On all of our application servers we dedicate the C: drive to the Windows OS then we add an
E: drive for all additional program installations such as SQL, Tomcat, etc. So, we have a
decent amount of servers with Tomcat 7 installed on the E: drive.

When we scan these servers with Shavlik Protect, it is seeing that we have Tomcat security
patches missing, for instance we have 7.0.63 installed now and it's showing that we're missing
the latest 7.0.65 patch. The problem is when we push this patch using Shavlik Protect (which
I guess uses a quiet mode) the Tomcat installer isn't honoring our existing install on E:
drive and it installs the latest version in the default path on C: which messes things up.

Is this a known issue with the installer running in quiet mode? This seems to be the only
application (out of hundreds) that we can't patch because of this sort of installer bug.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan K. Barrow
Security+, MCTS: Win 7 Cfg, CVE 5.0, Network+, A+
Systems Engineer III
Viracor-IBT Laboratories
1001 NW Technology Drive
Lee's Summit, MO 64086
Office 816-256-3611
Mobile 816-645-1788
Email  jonathan.barrow@viracoribt.com<mailto:jonathan.barrow@viracoribt.com>
Office Hours: M-F 7AM-4PM CST
[cid:image002.jpg@01D0C2C5.703A7710]

--
Confidentiality Notice:

This e-mail message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you know or
suspect that you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any review, dissemination, use or copying
of this message, or of information contained within the message, by unauthorized or unintended
recipients, is strictly prohibited.