tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ludovic Pénet <l.pe...@senat.fr>
Subject Re: Tomcat & SOAP/Rest +/- jax-ws or Axis2 or cxf ????
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 07:54:06 GMT
SOAP and REST are of different natures. SOAP is more of a protocol. REST is an architectural
style.

You will find a more elaborate explanation on this stackoverflow thread http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19884295/soap-vs-rest-differences

For the rest part, I use both RESTEasy http://resteasy.jboss.org/ and Jersey https://jersey.java.net/
in my projects. They are equivalent for simple usages. The choice becomes less obvious when
you also put CDI, deltaspike, test frameworks and such in line...

Hope this helps.

Ludovic

Le 2 novembre 2015 04:24:07 GMT+01:00, "N.s.Karthik" <nskarthik.k@gmail.com> a écrit
: