tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vicky B <vickyb2...@gmail.com>
Subject tomcat 8 startup issue
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:41:26 GMT
Hi All,

I downloaded latest tomcat 8.20 version zip  and extracted in my local. I
have java 7 in my local machine . When i am trying to run tomecat in
eclipse i get below stack trace

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/util/digester/Rule
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:268)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:455)
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Rule
... 6 more

can anybody help me deal with this problem . I hope setting catalina_home
is not mandatory

--

*Thanks & Regards Vickyb*