tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access application without giving port number and context root
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 21:16:54 GMT
> Hi..
> I am trying to deploy a web application tomcat 7.0.61 . I have a DNS created and I want
access the application without using port number and context root. Please suggest the best
approach to achieve this.

> I can change the Port in server.xml to default port 80, but I would still need to give
the context root, else it would be redirected to tomcat home page. In PRODUCTION, I would
have a DNS created to access my application and want to avoid port number and context root,
hence want to know the steps and best approach to achieve this. If there are some tutorials/Links,
please share the same.

Both questions are already answered in the FAQ. See HowTo page there
and search for "ROOT" (uppercase)

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko