tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kepp Nielsen <...@pfa.dk>
Subject Cannot load JDBC driver class 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver '"
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 14:06:09 GMT
Hi all,

I've tried following the instructions in https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
to add an Oracle DataSource to my Tomcat 7.0.65 installation. The relevant contents of my
$CATALINA_HOME\conf\context.xml is:
<Resource name="jdbc/AssetDB" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource" maxActive="10"
maxIdle="5" maxWait="10000" username="sin" password="hidden" driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
" logAbandoned="true" url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@pfacddbora01:1521:TESTDB"/>

I have added ojdbc6.jar to $CATALINA_HOME\lib, but when I acces the test jsp page, I get the
following error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to get connection,
DataSource invalid: "org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver
class 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver '"

Full error page attached for details. Can anybody explain, what is wrong, and how to fix this.
I am quite baffled by this error, as the Jar-file containing the JDBC driver, including the
class it complains about is in the tomcat lib dir, which is also, where the dbcp jars are
found.

Platform info:
    Tomcat 7.0.65
    Java 1.8.0_45
Windows 7 x64

<best regards

Simon Kepp Nielsen
IT Infrastructure Manager - IT Operations
M: 30 52 77 07 - E: sin@pfa.dk<mailto:sin@pfa.dk>

[PFA Pension]
Sundkrogsgade 4, DK-2100København Ø, T: 39 17 50 00, www.pfa.dk<http://www.pfa.dk>
Tænk på miljøet - print med omtanke

Disclaimer
This message is for a specific individual and purpose and may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please let us know and delete it from your system.
You are also hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the information
is strictly prohibited.