tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David E. Filip" <dfi...@colornet.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tomcat Webinar series
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 22:56:43 GMT
I think that is a great idea!  Another topic that I would add is clustering and session replication,
which I have unfortunately avoided because of the perceived complexity (and instead have relied
on cookie sticky to keep a web browser “stuck” to a particular cluster node).  I imagine
that session replication might not be that complicated if I had a better understanding of
whats all of the knobs and dials did, as it seems to be a lot to customize.

I would also be particularly interested in these:

> - Connector selection: BIO vs NIO vs NIO2 vs APR

> - Proxy protocol choice HTTP vs AJP

FWIW - I tend to be at least one major release behind, as I tend to focus more on stability
and … just as important if not more … being able to rely on others who have found and
solved any problems I might encounter … :-)

I’d be invested in what the rest of the community has to say … as I acknowledge I might
be an outlier in this regard … but if not, if these sessions do move forward, I would encourage
focus not just on the latest development release, but also on how to do the cool stuff with
earlier releases as well.

Just my $0.02.